Helen Ivory Readings
Helen Ivory’s new collection The Anatomical Venus - published in May 2019 following her participation in the Northern Poetry Symposium at Newcastle Poetry Festival 2019, examines how women have been portrayed as ‘other’; as witches; as hysterics with wandering wombs and as beautiful corpses cast in wax, or on mortuary slabs in TV box sets.
The Anatomical Venus was launched at Cafe Writers in Norwich on 10 June 2019.
Further readings for The Anatomical Venus in 2019
- 27 June, Word! Leicester, Attenborough Arts Centre, 7.30pm. Find out more from the centre website at le.ac.uk/hosted/attenborougharts/whatson
- 5 September, Shrewsbury Poetry, 7.30pm. Find out more on the group's Facebook page
- 26 September, Pighog poetry night, Brighton. Full details will be announced on the group's Facebook page
- 27-29 September, Kings Lynn Poetry Festival. Full details to be announced at lynnlitfests.com
- 30 October, The Barrel House, Totnes, Devon. Full details to be announced at barrelhousetotnes.co.uk/whats-on
- 31 October, Words and Ears, The Swan Hotel, Bradford-on-Avon, Wiltshire. Find out more at dawngorman.co.uk/words-and-ears
- 12 November, Chaplin's & The Cellar Bar, Boscombe, Bournemouth. Full details TBC.
Helen was interviewed by William Bedford for The High Window. The full conversation can be read at thehighwindowpress.com.
[22 May 2019]